Orinj version 3.0.0
Orinj is a multitrack music recording and mixing software with wave and MIDI editing. It is designed to record, modify, and mix digital audio data and has an easy to use environment for handling the typical tasks of music recording and editing.
What is it?
Orinj is a piece of software designed to work on a personal computer. It allows you to perform many tasks related to the recording and mixing of music, such as the following.
- Record audio tracks of instruments and vocals individually or several at a time. Mix audio tracks into a single music piece.
- Modify the mix with controls for volume, pan, effects, and dry and wet mix envelopes.
- Add DSP effects, such as delay, echo, chorus, reverb, compression, noise gate, equalization, pitch shifting, stretching, and notch filters. Each audio effect comes with presets, which you can use or change.
- Apply effects while playing or process them destructively in your mixed song.
- Cut, duplicate, loop, and move audio recordings with precise snap positioning.
- Build drum loops from a set of available drum audio samples, upload additional samples, use the pre-created blues, pop, rock, and heavy metal drum loops.
- Edit MIDI files, which would allow you to incorporate use many available MIDI musical instruments, which you may not otherwise have or which you may not be able to play.
Suppose that you are a guitar player who wants to record a complete contemporary blues song. You will want to include drums, bass, guitar, piano, and vocals. You may want to overdub the vocals, add delay to your guitar solo, compress the drums and bass, if that is the sound you seek, adjust the volume, pan the mix, and add some amount of reverb to the overall mix or to separate tracks. Orinj has all of this functionality and, hopefully, is designed so that you can use it intuitively.
There are no standards on how to mix songs and so Orinj aims at providing as much control as possible, so that you can do as you please. Orinj lets you manage and modify the large accumulation of audio data in your recording sessions. It provides you with common controls (volume, pan, dry and wet mix and envelopes, markers, grids) and effects (delays, reverbs, compressors, filters) as well as some not so common ones (alternative compressors and other). Included is a drum machine with an expandable set of percussion samples and a MIDI sequencer to allow you to use instruments that you do not own or do not know how to play.
Download and license
The latest version of Orinj is at RecordingBlogs.com. For details on licensing, see Orinj Licensing.
Orinj controls four parts of music recording and mixing: the recording session, individual audio files, drum loops, and MIDI files. Orinj therefore contains four main views.
The multitrack recording and mixing session view controls the recording session, allowing you to record and incorporate audio files, apply effects, and change the sound mix. The single wave view is designed primarily to allow you to master song mixes with effects and other controls. The loop building view allows you to create drum loops. The MIDI roll view allows you to use your computer as a MIDI sequencer.
Other important information
The following links may be of interest to you if you are a first time user.
Supported audio formats
Files that accompany Orinj
Index of pages on Orinj
The following is an index of pages on Orinj.
Orinj DSP effects use a strict structure and are independent of the main application. This means that new effects can be developed and used in Orinj without changes to the actual Orinj software. Further information is provided in the topic Orinj Effect framework.