Orinj version 3.0.0
The Orinj Parametric Equalizer adjusts the amplitude of frequencies in the signal. This is a 5-band equalizer that allows the user to select the frequency bands to be adjusted.
Using the Orinj Parametric Equalizer
The Orinj Parametric Equalizer can be added to tracks in the multitrack session view, tracks in the loop building view, and to waves in the single wave view. In the multitrack session view and in the loop building view, first select the track to which you want to add the effect. In all these views, click on Effect, Equalization, and then on Orinj Parametric Equalizer in the Orinj menu. You will see the following dialog.
When this dialog becomes visible, the Orinj Parametric Equalizer effect has been added. Adjust the parameters of the equalizer and click on Close. The parameters of the effect are described below.
Orinj Parametric Equalizer parameters
See Orinj Effects for an explanation of the Title, Track, Presets, and Bypass controls. The remaining Orinj Parametric Equalizer controls are described below:
- Equalizer graph: This graph shows the intended and actual equalization.
- Frequency bands: Use these controls – the five checks, five boxes, and five sliders under the equalizer graph – to define the frequency bands of the parametric equalizer. The boundaries of these bands are in the middle between the selected frequency points (where the frequency domain is treated as increasing exponentially and not linearly). The frequency bands can be between 20 Hz and 20 KHz. You can enable or disable bands by clicking on the checkboxes (there are always at least two bands in this equalizer and so the first two checkboxes are always checked).
- Precision: Use this slider to define the precision of the equalizer. Larger precision means better separation of frequency bands, but also requires more computational resources (i.e., the effect will be slower).
- Gain: Use these controls – the five boxes and five sliders to the right of the equalizer graph – to set the gain that will be applied to each of the five frequency bands in the equalizer. The gain is measured in decibels and can be between -20 dB and 20 dB.
- Equalizer text area: The bottom right corner describes the frequency bands and gains applied to them.
- Actual equalization: Click on this checkbox to display the actual equalization that will be applied. This actual equalization will be shown in blue and should be similar to the intended equalization shown in yellow. Depending on the precision of the equalizer, however, it may also be slightly different.
See Orinj Effects for additional notes on: where Orinj effects can be used, using boxes and sliders that impact the same parameter (such as the boxes and sliders for the gains), applying effects to mono and stereo waves, and using effects during playback. See Orinj Working with effects for additional information on creating, modifying, moving, removing, and processing effects.
The Orinj version 2 Parametric Equalizer
The parameters of the Orinj version 2 Parametric Equalizer are similar. The precision of the equalizer is controlled by a spinner, rather than a slider. The spinner shows the actual length of the filters employed by the equalizer. There are no options to show the actual equalization.