admin: First posted on 2016 03 17
mic, 2016 03 17: Version 2.5.1 of Orinj was released on March 17, 2016. This version includes a couple of minor bug fixes and some other, largely cosmetic changes. Here is a list of the changes:
- Revised slightly the grid of the graph in the parametric equalizer and the graph in the reverb equalizer. This makes the x-axes of these graphs easier to read.
- Made minor changes to the parametric equalizer and the equalizer in the reverb to make sure they always respond to movements in their gain sliders.
- Changed all dialogs for opening files (session files, loop files, waves, MIDI files) to make sure that the appropriate types (e.g., "wav" for wave files) are selected in the dialog rather than "all files". This makes the dialogs easier to use.
- Changed the focus order of controls in the dialogs for the parametric equalizer and the notch filter. This is the order with which the user can scroll through the controls of the dialog with the Tab key.
- Made minor changes to the temporary sound data buffers in almost all effects: bass chorus, bouncing echo, chorus, compressor, delay, echo, graphic equalizer, notch filter, parametric equalizer, reverb, simple compressor, simple reverb. This should make the effects a bit faster.
- Corrected an error that would cause the simple compressor to crash when applied to 8-bit waves.
- Made changes to a number of effects to ensure various variables are properly initialized at the beginning of playback: compressor, limiter, noise gate, reverb, side chained compressor, and simple compressor. This was to ensure that there is no residual sound data or effect parameters from previous playbacks during this playback.
- Reduced the memory needed for the compressor and the reverb.
- Corrected the values returned by the quick pitch shift and the quick stretch dialogs on user error, to make sure these values are inside the interval of allowed values.