I am testing my compressors. I start with a simple frequency of 400 Hz over the sampling rate 8 kHz. I apply a volume envelope over this frequency. The envelope is simple.
- The volume is zero over the first 400 samples (about 50 milliseconds).
- It increases gradually (a straight-line increase) to 0.9 over the next 80 samples (10 ms).
- It then decreases gradually to 0.4 over the next 1600 samples (200 ms).
- It is sustained at 0.4 over the next 3200 samples (400 ms).
- It decreases to zero over the next 4800 samples (600 ms).