admin: First posted on 2016 03 14
mic, 2016 03 14: Orinj version 2.5.0 was uploaded to this site on March 11, 2016. The following is a list of the changes from previous versions:
- Compiled Orinj against Java 7. The previous versions were compiled against Java 6. There are no changes to the software that will be visible because of this, although there are some minor internal changes.
- Optimized all dialogs that pop up in Orinj to use a bit less code and memory. This was all related to how the background of these dialogs were created. This will not be visible to the user.
- Corrected a minor error in the temporary wave data buffers used when mixing. This will not be visible to the user.
- Corrected an error where the parametric equalizer will cause Orinj to throw and exception (but not freeze). This should make the parametric equalizer easier to use.
- Corrected an error where waves were drawn on screen with an amplitude twice as large as actual and occasionally going outside of the wave block bounds.
- Corrected an error that would cause Orinj to crash during fast forward to end and rewind to start during playback.
- Corrected errors in a number of delay effects – delay, echo, chorus, bass chorus – to make sure right channel data is processed correctly and there is no audible clicking in the right channel. This will only be noticeable to the user when working with stereo waves that contain different left and right channel data.
- Changed the bass chorus and the chorus to allow one voice only (i.e., no chorus). This was done to allow chorus in one of the channels only (and no chorus in the other).
- Corrected the bass chorus high pass filters so that there is no delay between the original signal and the chorused signal, which should make the bass chorus sound like a chorus and not like a delay.
- Corrected the dialog of the bouncing echo to set the echo decay appropriately (i.e., it used to occasionally reset to 100% making the echo overpowering) and to not allow the user to move the first and last repetition.
- Completely overhauled compressors – simple compressor, compressor, side chained compressor, limiter, noise gate – to make sure amplitude envelopes are detected correctly and the compressors actually work.
- Completely overhauled reverbs – simple reverb and reverb – to make them sound more like reverbs and less like a collection of separate delays. Optimized the reverbs to work faster and be warmer and less metallic. Changed the parameters of the reverb (and consequently presets) to be more intuitive.
- Corrected an error in the gain slider of the compressor that would have prevented users from doing undo on the compressor gain.
- Corrected the notch filter, which would occasionally produce no sound, because it was not counting wave samples correctly.
- Corrected the frequency content dialog to both compute the magnitude of frequencies correctly (they were usually displayed too large) and to account for the start and end time of the wave portion appropriately.
- Made a number of changes to how Orinj checks for user input errors to prevent double error messages and to always select the control with the error after the error.
- Completely overhauled the help.
Add new comment