admin: First posted on 2016 04 01
mic, 2016 04 01: Version 2.5.3 of Orinj was released on March 31, 2016. The following are the changes:
- Changed the dialog that displays the properties of MIDI tracks to remove the control for the end time of the track. The end time was meant to help in creating a MIDI end of track meta message in the track, but those messages are created adjusted automatically anyway.
- Removed a warning message when moving a MIDI time signature control from the beginning of the MIDI file (time zero) to somewhere else. This warning makes sense for volume and pan, etc., since those affect playback, but not for the time signature.
- Fixed an error in the way effect dialogs and track control panels communicate. Since you can work with Orinj while effect dialogs stay open, you can make changes to effects that have to update both the dialog and the drop-down boxes that are in the track control panels to the left of the track. If the dialog and the rest of Orinj do not communicate properly, there will be errors.
- Changed the precision spinners to precision sliders to simplify the dialogs for the bass chorus, graphic equalizer, and parametric equalizer. Removed the filter length from the dialog for the notch filter.
- Fixed the delay to operate on 8-bit waves and the chorus to operate on 8, 24, and 32 bit waves properly.
- Changed the low pass filters that are used during upsampling and downsampling when the sampling rate of a wave is converted.
- Made changes to the Effect Times dialog to actually use the end time of the session or file when the user clicks on the box that says "end time".
- Fixed the display of session and file lengths in the panel in the bottom right of Orinj. Previously, the length was rounded and it did not match the difference between the end and start time.
- Fix the opening of sessions to make sure that the right track is selected (the one that was selected when the session was saved).
- Changed the About dialog to display the right version number.
- Added the Effect Channel dialog to the help.