admin: First posted on 2016 11 03
mic, 2016 11 03: Version 2.6.4 of Orinj was released on November 3, 2016. The following are the changes:
- Added a preference for a recording delay. If the user specifies a larger than zero delay before recording and then starts recording, Orinj will display a timer that counts down the seconds until the recording actually starts, so that the user can prepare for the recording.
- In the loop building view, allowed undo for the adding, removing, and dragging drum hits and for changing the position of the drum hits with the Beat Position command.
- Ensured that the saving of loops begins with the last folder in which loops were saved, so that the user does not have to find this folder every time they start working on a new loop.
- Fixed the positioning of drum hits when the tempo (beats per minute) of the loop changes.
- Corrected the use of the value of the MIDI pitch bend. Orinj was reversing the bytes of the value and, in most cases, the MIDI pitch bend controls did not behave appropriately.
- Added error checks for problems with wave output devices on the start of MIDI playback.
- Made sure that when a wave is deleted from the multitrack session and then the deletion is undone, the wave is available not only in the multitrack session, but also in the list of opened waves in the single wave view.
- Made sure that Orinj does not close when the user hits Cancel on the prompt whether to save unsaved wave files in the single wave view (e.g., unsaved song mixes).
- Ensured that the background of the help is not dark when the Orinj skin is dark, so that the help is readable.
- Made minor changes to streamline playback, mixing, and the use of drum hits in a loop.