admin: First posted on 2016 12 11
mic, 2016 12 11: Orinj version 3.0.1 was released on 2016 12 11. The following are the changes from the previous version.
- Fixed an error that was setting the length of MIDI buffers to the length of sampled audio buffers, rather than the length for MIDI buffers specified in the Orinj preferences.
- Added two monitors to the Orinj effects: a phase oscilloscope and a spectrum monitor. The phase oscilloscope displays differences between the amplitude, phase, and frequency content of the left and the right channels. The spectrum monitor shows the frequency content of the audio.
- Removed the message "There are no presets" that may pop up if effects cannot find presets. The lack of presets will be obvious, as they will not be available in the effect dialog and having effects without presets is valid (i.e., the phase oscilloscope and spectrum monitor have no parameters and hence no presets).
- Made sure that Orinj looks for its license in the appropriate place. A couple of versions ago, we made changes to ensure that Orinj looks for wave samples, effect presets, languages, MIDI samples, etc. in the correct place, since there was a problem on Ubuntu. This is the same change, but for the license file.
- Validated effect and language XML files against the effect and language XML schemas and adjusted the schemas. This is important mostly for those interested in developing effects and adding languages to Orinj and does not impact users.
- Updated the known issues portion of the Orinj help with notes on long sampled audio buffers and controllers for the MIDI channels. Updated some of the links in the help.
- Made minor changes to the Buffers dialog in the Orinj preferences to make sure that the text displayed for the various controls is consistent.