SCALES IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED
We may revisit the app in the future
April 24, 2018
Scales is an application for your mobile phone and contains a set of predefined scales and chords.
- You can choose a scale, a root note for it, and the instrument on which the scale should be played. Scales will show you where the scale is on that instrument and the chords that fit on that scale.
- You can choose a chord (major, minor, suspended, diminished, augmented, major, minor, and dominant seventh, and so on) and an instrument. Scales will show you where the chord is on that instrument and the scales that contain this chord.
- You can listen to scales and chords.
|End User License Agreement (EULA).pdf||March 22, 2010||The end user license agreement for Scales (58 KB). Be sure to read this license agreement before downloading and installing Scales.|
|scales_2.2.0.jar||May 31, 2011||Installation for Scales version 2.2.0 (41 KB). Upload this file to your mobile phone.|
May 31, 2011 - Scales version 2.2.0 was released on May 31, 2011. This version was developed for Java MIDP 1.1. Changes from version 2.1.1 include the following.
- Added the Byzantine scale.
- Displayed all scales / modes that contain a chord. Previous versions showed only one of the modes.
- Added an option screen to display or to hide the bebop scales.
- Fixed an issue where the software switched between the same name of a scale (i.e., Hungarian scale and the double harmonic major scale).
December 9, 2010 - Scales version 2.1.1 was released with minor bug fixes from the previous version.
May 5, 2010 - Scales version 2.1.0 was released on May 5, 2010. This version was developed for Java MIDP 1.1. Changes from version 2.0.0 include the following.
- Shows tonic and dominant notes in scales and the root note in chords. Distinguishes between perfect fifth and other dominants.
- Plays the displayed chords and scales.
- Contains screen specific help.
- Scrolling errors in Windows Mobile when listing a large number of scales or chords are fixed.
- Memory usage is improved.
March 31, 2010 - Scales version 2.0.0 was released on March 31, 2010. This version was developed for Java MIDP 1.1 and was tested on: Nokia 7610 running Symbian 7.0s, Nokia N95 running S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 (Symbian 9.2), Sony XPERIA X1 running Windows Mobile 6.1, Blackberry Curve 8900 running OS v4.6, Nokia E75 running Symbian 9.1, Sony Ericson W595 running its own operating system. Changes from version 1.0.0 include the following.
- Allows searching for and displaying chords in addition to scales. If you choose to see chords, you can display the chord and see which scales it belongs to. You can select one of those scales and display it.
- Allows displaying of chords once chords for a specific scale are listed.
- Allows horizontal scrolling for longer names of scale modes in scale and chord painting.
- Menu commands are more descriptive and consistently ordered.
- Sharps and flats are displayed with their full name where space allows (i.e., "A#/Bb" instead of "A#").
- Memory management is better.
- Errors in the painting of the first guitar fret were corrected.
March 22, 2010 - Scales version 1.0.0 was released on March 22, 2010. This version was developed for Java MIDP 1.1 and was tested on: Nokia 6700 Classic running Nokia OS, Nokia N95 running S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 (Symbian 9.2), Sony XPERIA X1 running Windows Mobile 6.1, Blackberry Curve 8900 running OS v4.6