Orinj version 7.0.0 is a beta release that includes some significant additions, such as VST and ASIO support. Here are the changes between this version and the previous version 6.1.6.
- Added VST support. VST support is limited to audio processors and does not include MIDI instruments. Audio processors are those VST effects that are designed to take sampled data, change it, and produce new sampled data for output. Most delays, reverbs, compressors, equalizers, and similar effects will be supported. Some audio processors may not be supported, as Orinj does not yet handle certain messages between these processors and their controllers (windows)
- Added ASIO support for low latency recording on Windows. (ASIO is not relevant for Linux, Mac OS, etc.)
- Added a simple equalizer. This is a three-band parametric equalizer (i.e., frequency bands can be adjusted). It is a simple effect to adjust lows, mids, and highs
- Added an option to split one loop into multiple loops, where each instrument in the original loop would be placed into a separate loop
- Added multiple error checks and corrected some error messages
- Made a small change to speed up DLS note reading