The following are the changes between Orinj version 4.2.9 and this version 5.0.0.
- Added the SoundFont (SF2) format for the MIDI synthesizer. Prior versions could only use Downloadable Sounds (DLS) files as the synthesizer base (see Preferences).
- Added a tool – Scales – which allows users to see scales and chords on several instruments, find chords on scales, and find scales that contain a specific chord.
- Added a flanger to the suite of effects
- Added a phaser
- Added a DC removal effect
- Added effect stacks. The user can now save the set of effects used on a particular track and import them to another track
- Added noise reduction
- Added auto tuning
- Added sliding pitch shift and sliding stretch (i.e., a pitch change that starts with one pitch and gradually changes to another). Also added functionality to allow the user to change only some signal frequencies in the pitch shift
- Added the ability to snap MIDI notes to the MIDI grid
- Changed the bass chorus and chorus windows to make them easier to use
- Changed how hits are added to and removed from a loop in the loop building view to make these easier (i.e., with mouse clicks rather than the Add and Remove buttons)
- Ensured compliance with Java 13